Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can someone post an audio link of "mwah"? I still don't know what it is....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by de la mocha, Mar 4, 2006.

1. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    It's sort of a spin off to that growl thread (which was very helpful). The only way I can know is to hear it for myself. :help:

2. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Do you own a Jaco cd?

3. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Listen to "A remark you made" from Weather Report's "Heavy Weather", for example.

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Do you have access to a fretless? If you do then just play it. It's easier to reach a concensus on mwah than growl IMO because just about all of us can hear it out of a fretless. It's what makes a fretless a fretless.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Here's a link to a clip I recorded last year. It's a bit compressed, but you can still hear the mwah.

Fretless

Here's another one...you can hear the mwah in the fretless part played before the Ebow comes in.
    Fretless and Ebow

As syciprider said, it's the difference in sound from a fretted- a blossoming of the notes.

6. BNM

BNM

Feb 4, 2006
    Queens, New York
  7. This is a pretty good example

Mwah

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Pfft, who's that chump? :D

9. Sid Vicious?