Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

can someone recomend me a pedal board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sk8inbassist17, Oct 27, 2005.

1. well my pedal board is getting to small for my pedals so i need a new one.

i need one big enought to hold and dunlop 105Q, mxr m-80, boss odb-3, boss dd-3, boss geb-7, boss tu-2, and maybe a boss ceb-3 chours.

so could anyone recomend me one.

thanks in advance.

2. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    I have been using a Radial Boneyard board for a while and it has been everything I wanted in a board. The bag they sell for it is a Kaces keyboard bag. Look at the dimensions and you might find a nicer/padded bag for the same $, or close to it. It is one of those things where I bough it and never had a second thought. Well built, great covering, nice angle, plenty of room...

3. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    kinda pricey but the pedaltrains are very nice, but I would say worth it.

4. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    i use the BOSS pedal board and works great

boss pedals fit perfectly
    and it has 1 space in which you can adapt a wha pedal

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Rondo Music pedalboards are cheap and people usually are happy with them.

6. go for the pedaltrains man... they rock... just choose one out of the 3 sizes and you should be alright...

7. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    http://www.nycpedalboards.com/

Great Quality, Great options.. Awesome prices..

I'm gonna get a board from them, once I have all the pedals for my "micro rig" all purchased.

They do custom work, too.

8. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I was gonna build my own pedalboard. I real big nice one with matrix board so I could route my cables through the board and such. I planned on having a lot more pedals than I have now, but after getting my Whammy, I feel set. What i'm gonna do, just so I don't have to put all my pedals in a bag and set them all up, is get a piece of plywood, drill a few holes, and zip-tie my pedals down.

Ghetto-- but easy and it works. Oh yeah, did I mention it's cheap? :hyper:

9. Bassin' 'Round

Bassin' 'Round Banned

Apr 30, 2005
    They look nice, nice price too.

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've dealt with Mike a few times in the past and have always been utterly impressed with both his handywork and knowledge of effects in general.

But for someone like me, it's a bad idea to get him on the phone. I swear we talked a few hours about Electro-Harmonix gear alone.

11. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    If you are on a budget, you can ebay Rondo stuff for about $35-40. I ordered one but it is still in transit.

12. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    or Hit up Rondomusic.com

13. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
  14. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
  15. spidersbass

spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    anyone know if a Crybaby 105Q will fit in that Rondo case?

16. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    Seemed like to me (and I have built many of my own) that building your own always left you a little open to accidental pedal damage. I tried to build one with a top once but could never find the right hinges. I always got my supplies from Lowes or Home Depot, but they don't really carry much in the way of pedal board material. ;)

Anyway, I have been pedalboad-less for a while. But when I get all the pedals I want (two more left) then I am really going to get up with NYC pedal boards. I hear nothing but good things about their work.

+1 NYC

17. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I know you probably dont want to hear this, but Im anti pedalboards. At least anti ac connectors. I made my own pedal board - painted, styled, and put handles and candles on it (yes candles - very cool idea IMHO). Well, the reason for my dislike is because they sometimes cause unwanted hiss/noise and because of that I am all about batteries.
    My 2 cents - Mike

18. yea power supplys do add some hiss.

i use the onespot daisy chain and ac plug it adds some his but it saves a bunch of money.

19. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    meh I hate batteries... 9v gets pretty expensieve after awhile.. and I have one that's a 12v, and I'm adding one (hopefully) that's straight AC.

I've never hada problem with noise from the transformer.. I use a Godlyke Power-All, and it's pretty quiet. Noise is always from some OTHER source in my rig *L*