Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

can someone review this bass for me?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by esp50, Jan 16, 2004.

1. esp50

esp50

Jan 14, 2004
    vancouver
    http://www.music123.com/Item/?itemno=98191

i got it for 300 canadian,i traded in my squier mb4 for it...was this a good move?
    is this a preciscion or jazz bass? or pj?
    and what kinda strings would be good for this...right now i have d adderio soft gauge,i was thinking ernie ball slinkys..so can someone who knows something about bass's without testing them out break down this bass for me? i didnt get this bass for the axe,i got it because it was only 50 more than the b50,and i thought it was a step up

2. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    well, since anything is better than a squier, it was a good move. those are esp soapbar pickups. it is not a p pickup or a j pickup. as far as strings that are good and inexpensive id go for either ernie ball slinkys (i used the regular slinkys) or the d'addario xls. it seems to me that d'addarios are easier on the fingers and sound better longer. i have never actually played that bass, but it is definitely a step up from a squier.

3. esp50

esp50

Jan 14, 2004
    vancouver
    thanks a lot man,yeah i thought it would be a step up,it was 400american retail and i got it for around 260 canadian shipping included