1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can someone seperate out the bassline for me?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by beelzelboss, Oct 6, 2010.

1. I need the bassline separated out of a song, so I can try to tab it!

The song would be: Such great heights by Streetlight Manifesto!

If you could also tell me what program you used to separate it, that would be fabulous! Thanks!

2. just listened to that one again. good luck. i picked up my bass thinking i might be able to hang, but im not going to even bother with that one, much like most streetlight. that guy is WAY too good.

ive dragged tracks into logic and boosted the low mids, cut the highs, and compressed the poop out of the lows to make the bass slightly more clear.

3. crow01

crow01

Sep 1, 2008
    chicago
    why don't you just look it up on bassmasta and do some homework trying to make it better. what's the point of "separating" a bass line. pretty much everything has been tabbed unless is jazz.

4. SnakeKappele

SnakeKappele

Sep 20, 2010
    Unless it's a song I like. ;)

5. mussla

mussla

May 10, 2010
    It doesn't look like it's available on bassmasta. I couldn't find it anyway.

I find Amazing Slow Downer is a great help with speedy/tricky bass lines. You can check it out here: http://www.ronimusic.com/ I think there is a demo version available as well.

6. MrDOS

MrDOS Gold Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Certainly not true. Even simple stuff like "Rock And Roll Fantasy" from Bad Company is not on Bassmasta

Much less stuff I want like "Joe Frasier" from Jeff Berlin :bawl:

7. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Mount Prospect, IL
    Get the guitar tab for it and start building the bass line to that. It's better than nothing and at least you get the chord structure.

8. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    As 99% of the tabs are written by amateurs, so is the quality of 99% of the tabs on the internet. It's rare to find a complicated bassline tabbed-properly.

Good luck. :)

9. mussla

mussla

May 10, 2010
  10. crow01

crow01

Sep 1, 2008
    chicago
  11. ahh! I used guitar pro a while back for some tunes. Oh well. Time to go the old fashion way and put the headphones on :D

12. mussla

mussla

May 10, 2010
    The description for that tab did say it had bass so I was expecting that as well :)

What a good song 'such great heights' is btw! I hadn't heard it before.