Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can someone tab this for me!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Metallica18, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Metallica18

Metallica18 Guest

Jul 13, 2001
    Australia
    I was just wondering if anyone has seen Metallica's cunning stunts video and if so could you please tab that mad riff Jason plays just before For Whom The Bell Toll's with his wah because i just got a Zoom 506 II bass pedal and i think i've got the sound so could someone please tab it for me.

2. Metallica18

Metallica18 Guest

Jul 13, 2001
    Australia
    And if you can tab it can you post it to me or put it in the metallica tabs section and tell me.Thanks

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    you will learn far more if you figure it out yourself.

4. Metallica18

Metallica18 Guest

Jul 13, 2001
    Australia
    But i can't i've tried

5. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I'm moving tab requests to "Miscellaneous." G'bye.

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Maybe you can find transcription for it then. Or you could try to find music at an easier level and figure that out.

7. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Youll never get anywhere if you say cant. Do what I do when I start having troubles, hum the first note, find it on bass, hum the second, find it, and so on.

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Bottom Line... you won´t get a tab here... sorry

go HERE for the place where everyone ask for tabs... sorry this is not that kind of site...

9. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I got that off that link Dave put up. Dave did you delete one of those posts? I tried quoting the one that went to that Fieldy thread but it wouldnt let me?

10. listen to the first note, then hit every note on your bass till its the same tone, then play the second note, play every note on your bass till you find the second note, soon you'll be on your way. never say never my son, never say never...

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, all these lamers won't help you out, huh?

here...

e-------3----4-----8---12----------------------------5-5-
    b--------3-----4-----9----11----1-1-1-1-1-----------7-7-
    g---------1------2-----7---10-----3-3-3-3-3-------------
    d-------3--5--7-8-9--------------------------------------
    a-------3--5--7-8-9-----------13--14--13--14-------------
    e--2--5--8--7--8-8-8-7-8--8------------------------2-4-2-
    b------------------------------5--3--3--5-6-6-6-3--------
    f#----1---3---1--0-----0------0---------------------------

hope this helps out.

12. I'm not exactly the best at transcribing, so I can't help you there. Instead I'd like to welcome you to Talkbass. I promise you that sometimes people here will actually help instead of looking down their noses at you.

One general rule is that if it's not in the tab section of this site, it's normally not a good idea to ask for it. Most of the people here hate tabs, and they'll refuse to give you any help relating to them. I personally am not a member of the "Anti Tab Army" or whatever they call it, but I also can't transcribe worth anything.

I'd suggest you either stick with it and try to transcribe it yourself or just give it up. I realize it's bleak, but you won't find the help you need on this one here.

13. Yeah, as said before, we really are NICE people, its just that when somone asks for a tab, people are quite insensitive, i was quite serious about my post though. If you dont know how to transcribe somthing, listen to it a note at a time, and figure it out that way. If you have the video, it just helps that much more, you get a sortof idea of what notes he's playing, put the video in slow motion, and keep a close eye on his fretting hand.

14. Yeah I may have been a bit off-base last night, but I just got mad when I saw the kind of replies this guy was getting, especially considering that this looks to be his first post here.

If I remember the riff in question, Newsted's fretting hand is in the dark while he plays most of the riff so visual cues would be hard to get. I definitely think it's transcribable. If you can't get it perfectly, I'm sure you can get close. Trust all of us here when we say that it'd be better in the long run to try and transcribe it yourself.

So if I offended anyone last night... I had a really weird day.

15. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    JT,

Can you please slow that down just a tad bit? I'm having trouble following it, 'cause it's so fast:DLOL

16. purple_haze

purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    Shot in the dark....

G----19--18--17--16----------------------
    D--------------------------17--16-------
    A---------------------------------------17--16--
    E--------------------------------------------

17. ASR

ASR

Apr 2, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    You know, although I don't look down on tabs because I use them also, I tried this little trick to help me get more proficient on standard notation. Take out all the tabs you have printed off (most of us have them, we just don't admit it), get some notation paper, and make your own standard notation of the songs from the tabs.

18. Scary thing is, that's probably from one of his songs! :eek:

I'd like to have seen Jaco play THAT!

19. Originally posted by john turner
    wow, all these lamers won't help you out, huh?

here...

e-------3----4-----8---12----------------------------5-5-
    b--------3-----4-----9----11----1-1-1-1-9----16------7-7-
    g---------1------2-----7---10-----11-3-3-3-8-------------
    d-------3--5--7-8-9--------------------------------------
    a-------3--5--7-8-9-----------13--14--13--17-------------
    e--2--5--8--7--8-8-8-7-8--8------------------------2-4-2-
    b------------------------------5--3--3--5-6-7-7-3--------
    f#----1---3---1--0-----0------0---------------------------

hope this helps out.

JT, you made a few errors in the last 2 bars. I went ahead and fixed 'em for ya. :D

20. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    oh sorry... i don´t know why i deleted it... (but yes i did)

so i repeat:

God Bless TalkBass :D

Example 2