Can someone tell me if this bass is good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Viper X, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Excellet

2 vote(s)
  2. Good

3 vote(s)
  3. Average

5 vote(s)
  4. Crappy

14 vote(s)
  1. I want to know if you have heard the ESP F204 Bass because I'm planing to buy it soon. Give me you opinion about the bass and please be sincere! Check the picture on the attachment since but don't know the name of the bass but have played it! Thanks and BEWARE OF THE VIPER'S FANGS
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Beware the Viper's Fangs?? You a Lucha Libre fan there?

my opinion: go with something Else. ESP isn't really known for their basses...if you know what I mean. There are some other basses out there that are much better, and still, ah...visually agresseive, and are better, sound and quality wise. Course, playability might vary...

Schecter Scorpion...
    Or, Maybe Dean Razor

There's much better out there...especially when you go for substance over style. Not that I'm making assumtions, but, c'mon, the pointy look is out:D

But, hey, if it works for you, go for it...after, people do buy Warlocks...
  3. steinbergerxp2

steinbergerxp2 Guest

Jul 11, 2001
    I found a variation on that at a store, and I suspect I will buy it (a neck-thru without the jagged body).

I normally think of ESP as image over substance (bright paint jobs for metal players) but I found that the B305 has good and flexible tone, quiet electronics, and is well made (in Korea of course).

I'm not crazy about the dual-volume controls, but I bet it can be rewired and some folks like'em that way.
  4. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I think you should go to a guitar shop or music store and play every bass they got in your price range, see what ya dig most, and then buy it used somewhere else.
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That bass looks very groovy.

Actually, you can get a good ESP bass if you pay a lot of money. Tom Barney (Steely Dan, SNL Band) has a beautiful quilt-top ESP that I saw him play on tour. Van Nuys, Van Nuys.
  6. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I think Schecter makes some good "metal" looking basses, like was said before. Give them a look. :)
  7. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Ya' know, if ya' look at those upper cutaways just right :rolleyes:...

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  10. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    I think Notduane is getting abreast of the situation. IMHO get whatever bass you want but shiny pointy basses lose a lot more money than a boring Jazz bass when upgrading.
  11. it looks like an EDC, but with parts cut out of it..
    ESP are pretty nice basses for metal.. very punchy tone and lots of mids & lows. a good friend of mine has a Stinger, and it rocks !

i'd say try it out.. if you like it.. go for it
  12. I've played one of those things before, and hey sound pretty good. The only problem is that the body is shped kinda funny for playing when you are sitting. It doens't feel comfortable. But that's just me.

Rock on
  13. No idea what it plays like, but it's *!&#;@ ugly!
  14. masaru

Aug 8, 2001
    Okinawa, Japan
    I played the F205 and hated it
  15. One thing you might mention about Scorpions is that they are tuned B-E-A-D, not E-A-D-G, which can be quite a suprise when you are tired and you pick on up, start playing, and everything sounds kinda funny.

Rock on
  16. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Personal experience? ;)

And yeah, I was gonna mention that about the Scorpion's, but I guess I kinda forgot...
  17. Bassr64

Feb 9, 2001
    The bassist for the band Cold plays that paticular model of LTD.