Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CAN: Tago Mago

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by courderoy guy, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Man, just recently picked up the remastered CD-SACD of Tago Mago by Can and have to say....

....Track 4, Hallejuwah (sp?), has got to be one of the catchiest basic bass lines i've heard. buh-be-buh-be-BUH-BUH-BE-BUH.....buh-be-buh-be BUH Da DUh DUH.

Fantastic disc. Love Future Days maybe better (personal taste on the grooves), and have Ege Bamyasi too (the trifecta of Can, i've heard it referred to.)

2. Syeknom

Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    Future Days is amazing, but I still need to get a copy of Tago Mago. Can rock. :)

3. hieronymous

hieronymous

Nov 28, 2002
    Northern CA
    I think my personal favorite track from Tago Mago is "Oh Yeah" - another classic Holger Czukay bass line, plus it's one of the rare tunes where Damo Suzuki actually sings in Japanese, rather than the "language of the stone age"...

4. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    true the halleluhwah, bassline is amazing though it's just the same thing repeated over and over again for like 10(?) minutes. and yes CAN does rock.