Can the Boss LS-2 do that?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MAFbass1992, Jun 23, 2021.

1. MAFbass1992

MAFbass1992

Feb 4, 2012
    Montreal
    I've got an idea for a pedalboard setup and i was wondering if the LS-2 would be the right box!

Would I be able to use the LS2 as a Junction Box AND as a signal summer? I'd like to plug a bass synth to the return 1 and send it to a DI via the send 1. Would that work or using an effect loop in reverse is not possible?

After doing that I'd like to blend the bass synth coming from the return 1 with my bass plugged in the main input to send both signals to the amp.

Moog -> RETURN 1 -> SEND 1 -> DI
    Moog ->
    BASS -> INPUT -> BOTH through OUTPUT TO AMP

2. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Inactive

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    This might help people understand what you want to do better, as that would be what would actually happens, as far as I understand, if it is possible :

BASS -> LS-2 INPUT ->

MOOG -> LS-2 RETURN A -> LS-2 SEND A -> DI
    =>
    BASS Clean signal from LS-2 INPUT -> LS-2 RETURN B -> LS-2 SEND B

-> LS-2 SEND A + LS-2 SEND B Mix (?RETURN A/RETURN B Mix?) -> LS-2 OUTPUT -> AMP

So as far as I understand it would not be possible with the LS-2 alone since the mix, as far as I know, happens at the SEND A/SEND B and not the RETURN A/RETURN B, and you want to use SEND A both for sending to a DI and for blending with the clean signal coming from SEND B as well .

As far as I can see the EHX Tri Parallel Mixer should work though.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  3. MAFbass1992

MAFbass1992

Feb 4, 2012
    Montreal
    Yeah I'm hoping someone might have tried that with the LS-2. But I just found out the Empress Stereo Buffer + can do what I'm looking for! But at 3x the price :/

4. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    LS-2 in A+B Mix Mode and assuming your DI has a thru out.

LS-2 connections:
    Bass to return B
    Moog to Input
    Send A to DI
    DI thru out to Return A
    Output to Bass amp.

The volume knobs will control the level of the bass and the Moog after the DI.

5. MAFbass1992

MAFbass1992

Feb 4, 2012
    Montreal
    Yes that would work ! Yes my DI has a THRU out.

6. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Another way is to just go:

Moog to DI
    DI thru to LS-2 A Return
    Bass to LS-2 in

Then you can use the bypass on the LS-2 to choose your mode, like add in the Moog or not. The above method is pretty limited if Bass is your main sound. (The LS-2 will route the bass to B automagically if nothing is connected to the B loop. This lets you control the level still as well.)

7. MAFbass1992

MAFbass1992

Feb 4, 2012
    Montreal
    Yeah that would be the best option I think. Then choosing if I want both at the same time or not depending on the mode on the LS2! I could just put a patchbay under it to simplify the connections !

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2022