Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can these be used for bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 4string4ever, Dec 31, 2004.

1. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    DOD FX 25 envelope filter
    Danelectro Psycho Flange
    Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler

Thanks for the assist guys.....

2. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    yes

3. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    I believe what my esteemed colleague is trying to say is that any effect *can* be used for bass, it's just a question of how it sounds and how well it retains low-end. The FX25 is a bass staple, and lots of bassists have used the Line 6 unit to good effect. I don't have any experience with the PsychoFlange, but maybe someone else can attest to it's merits relative to other similar units.

4. I have the FX 25B (w/blend knob- makes it a bit more useable)- love it; never used any flanger on bass but used subtley, I think it can sound good; my line 6 delay gets used a lot. I use the loop sampler to work on sketching out song ideas- much quicker than a 4-track.

5. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC

he is absolutely right.

6. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    try this setting for an FX-25B

blend: 7:00
    sensitivity: 3:00
    range: 5:00

play near the neck and try not to blow your speakers

7. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    Whoa! I just tried that with my J with flatwounds with the neck pickup soloed and the tone rolled down. That is one awesome, funky dub sound.

8. I like the Psycho Flange for bass because it reminds me of the old Electric Mistress pedal cuz it's really dark and swishy and it distorts a bit if you dig in and play hard.