can things get much worse

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jon Burnet, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    sorry to use the boards to bitch and moan but i have to get a little something off my chest. on top of the usual politics at the office and other random things that make life more trying, and after findoing out a couple of months ago that i am gonna be a father, my landlord calls and has descided to stop renting outr house and is gonna sell it. we have till may 1st to be out. totally blindsided us. we will be fine and already have prospects of other future abodes but it just really sux. also the other SUPER downer is we have to find a home for our youngest dog. he's just too big and too rowdy for an apt OR a baby. anybody that knows me and mel knows our dogs are like our children. now comes the hard part of desciding which is better, a humane shelter or some random family that we know nothing about. it's gonna hurt really bad but its something that must be done. i am not one who really believes in prayer or prayer for personal gain, but if you guys could just keep us in your thoughts i would greatly appreciate it. also i probably will be in the rooms a little less now. moving and downsizing things will be pretty time consuming. thanks in advance guys and see you all soon!
  2. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Shoot, Jon, Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I cannot take the dog, but if you will let me, I can help you find him/her a good home with someone who loves animals. Let spread the word around. Give me the breed the age, and tempermant.

You and Mel are in my thoughts, and I hope and pray that things will look up for you two. Chin up buckaroo...Just remember, that here at TB, you are our brother, and we never let family down.

luvs ya
  3. what kind of dog. how old. and how is his temperament. and how big. my thoughts are with you. there is a humane shelter in nashville that does not put the animals down. especially if a good animal. they recently did hit a point after years of having to because there was no room at all and no one wanted these dogs. however, my little sister had to part with her husky because of moving to texas and apartment to small there. they her baby an excellent home. i mean this girl made her dog her life, they ate the same ice cream cones, brandy would take a lick, keesha, the dog, would take a lick. keesha was her life. and they did great getting her a good home. the people even offered to let brandy visit keesha whenever she got back to clarksville.
    you are in my thoughts. your whole family. by the way, never ask if it could get any worse. :D
  4. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Always seems to come in spurts, doesn't it. Phooey.

I'm sure it'll work out for you, but it's not fun in the meantime. So that's why my offer to stay in the studio appealed to you...heh. I didn't realize...

We had to let our retired racer Greyhound go when we moved 2 years ago, it was kind of tough, but the family that took her had little kids that loved the dog, so that helped.

Keep us posted. Maybe Connie will email you a Crown and coke?
  5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    You have my best wishes and positive thoughts.
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, jon, that really sucks. keep us posted on how things develop.
  7. Sorry to hear that life has chosen you to throw some wobblies at - just when you don't need them!

You are in my thoughts (I don't pray) and I hope it works out wekll for you!
  8. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN

we found a rockin apt IN nashville! for WAY under budget! 9 foot ceilings, garden tubs, crown moulding, great view, gated entrance, hot tub!.

still lookin for a home for our youngest dog. if push comes to shove we will take him to a humane society:( .

last night me and mel blubbered like little schoolgirls thinking about having to take him there. its for the best for him and us.

thanks for all the positive thoughts and try to find someone to buy my cab because i am refusing to take this thing up another flight of stairs! lol:D
  9. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I hope all continues to work out well for you Jon. Best wishes.
  10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  11. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Jon, let me know if you need help with the move and PM me with the rent...I may follow suit. Due to car not doing so good....break line was severed a couple of days ago and the ohter break line was going:bawl: so that had to replaced as well. I am looking at a house after work today, and maybe that will do just fine...keep your fingers crossed my friends.
    Oh and Jon, congrads on the new apt.
  12. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City

Congrats on the new apartment and on the baby-to-be. Sorry to hear about the dog. Does your area have one of those Canine Companion programs going? If your dog is a Lab or Collie or some other big but friendly breed, these programs often take them in and put them in service as companions to the elderly, hospitalized, and homebound. They've found that these people tend to be happier when they have periodic visits from well mannered dogs and cats. Some of the programs favor larger dogs because people who are bed-ridden or in wheel chairs don't have to lean or bend over to pet them. Just a thought.

13. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    thanks for the advice mr alembic

he's a little too hyper fr public
  14. what kind of dog is he. and how old is he jon. i have friends who are looking for a good pet. who will baby him terribly. :D
  15. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    he's a mutt.;) he looks like a lab whippet mix. he is almost a year old and is extremely sweet. he's VERY hyper. he is cage trained and is house broken. he is full grown and is about 2 1/2 feet tall and 3 feet long. he truly is a sweet little baby, just not the brightest one! lol. let me know because we will probably have to take him early next week.
  16. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Morningdove and I are discussing the taking of the dog ourselves...Give us till tomorrow and we will tell you what we have come up with.

Exactly how "hyper" is your dog, and what is the name, and the sex?

Call me if you would like.
  17. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I have a whippet, nd they are great with kids. We have to make sure that the path is clear when we first let ours out of the kennel in the morning, but fter a short burst of energy, they really settle in to be couch potatos the rest of the day. Xush has one too, he'll back me up on this. If you dog is only a year old, it may be too early to give up on it. At one year is when my whippet settled down into the calmest, most loving pet I could ever hope for. My wife and I are expecting our second child in May, and the whippet it the last thing we are worrying about. If it's a lab mix, that would even make it a better family dog.
    I hope it's not too late for you to keep the dog. If you want advice, there is a whippet discussion group out there you could check out. it's a
    Good luck,
  18. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Jon sent pics....Ok, so now we acquired a new dog......the cutest little thing you ever did see!

Thanx Jon:bassist: