Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can u get this Guitar pedal for bass?????

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chili, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    Has anybody seen chili peppers live at slane? on the song dont forget me john uses a really nice pedal,its really relaxing and echoy, and cold play and some others used it on saturday at glastinburry, but i love this pedal but i dont play guitar, does anybody no if this pedal is available for bass or something similar? tell me if u havnt got a clue what i'm on about, and ill try and describe it in more detail

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

From what you said, it could be a thousand different effects.

3. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I think I know what part you're talking about... do you mean the slow, melodic solo he does after one of the songs? Because if you do, that effect is delay, and you can get them for bass. A very nice solo, by the way.

Graeme

4. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    Yeah thats the one i'm on about, its after dont forget me, do you no what the pedal is called? or was the pedla called delay aswell?

5. dude, the "For Bass" thing is mostly marketing...
    you can use any effects pedal with bass, guitar or any other instrument as long as its miked up.

some things are improved on for bass frequency range, but all in all, there is still a small market JUST for bass...

Try it. sounds good? great. doesnt? lookd for another... doesnt have to be specific for bass, you just have to find one that works well with what you've got.

6. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Delay is the type of effect that the pedal produces, not the name of the pedal. I'm not sure which pedal John uses, but you should go to your local music shop, and ask if you could try out some delay pedals. Test a bunch, and see which one you like best.

Graeme

7. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    Kool thx, i'll do that, and i'll take in that just for bass thing aswell lol