Can we all agree on how low-key awesome Lasse Lokøy from Sløtface is?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, Feb 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    A few years ago I found Sløtface over on bandcamp and fell in love with their then single Empire Records which is a great homage to High Fidelity. At the time, I thought their bassist Lasse was pretty solid but nothing to write home about. However, they were very similar to the sound my band at the time was going for.

For the curious, here is a link to Empire Records, which is still a pretty catchy tune:

I saw them once when they were in the states early last year and they were awesome! Then they fell off my radar because there is always new music. Last night though, their latest video was bumped to my "recommended" section on Youtube. I put it on and holy crap! Their bassist Lasse Lokøy is all over the place but holds it together while always putting the song first. Definitely a big step forward musically.

Check it out here!

As a warning: the video is weird, and I'm not going to pretend to understand all the lyrics, but there is a vagina monster in the video for sure.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022