1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can we expect a GT-8B anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by anyonefortennis, Oct 5, 2005.

1. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Well, the GT-8 for guitar has been out for a while now, is there a GT-8B coming up? I'd hate to pull the trigger on a GT-6B and have the 8 come out right after that!

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I would think. My GT-6B sounds lame (my opinion). Sounds very fake...I guess this is what I get for going digital.

:)

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Honestly, I don't think it'd be coming soon, but I was neither impressed with the GT-6B nor the GT-8 my guitarist bought.

4. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Would you guys reccomend the VF-1 over the GT-6B? Is the live pod any better?

5. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I have the GT-6B and I'm not very pleased with it. To me, everything sounds good, but I was constantly struggling with the effects volume levels. I could get it set up at home and when I took it out for a gig, I had to reset all of my levels.

I've since bought the ME-50B and have been extremely pleased with most every effect that it offers. Volume levels are WAY EASIER to set. Plus, I've had zero problems with levels at gigs.

I haven't decided whether to sell the GT-6B or save it for recording.
    Decisions decisions.... :p

6. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    I'll check out the 8B if it gets made, but like others who answered I didn't care for my 6B either. I took it back to the store for a refund and bought a few stomps.

DCat