Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can we expect a GT-8B anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by anyonefortennis, Oct 5, 2005.

1. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Well, the GT-8 for guitar has been out for a while now, is there a GT-8B coming up? I'd hate to pull the trigger on a GT-6B and have the 8 come out right after that!

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I would think. My GT-6B sounds lame (my opinion). Sounds very fake...I guess this is what I get for going digital.

:)

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Honestly, I don't think it'd be coming soon, but I was neither impressed with the GT-6B nor the GT-8 my guitarist bought.

4. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Would you guys reccomend the VF-1 over the GT-6B? Is the live pod any better?

5. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I have the GT-6B and I'm not very pleased with it. To me, everything sounds good, but I was constantly struggling with the effects volume levels. I could get it set up at home and when I took it out for a gig, I had to reset all of my levels.

I've since bought the ME-50B and have been extremely pleased with most every effect that it offers. Volume levels are WAY EASIER to set. Plus, I've had zero problems with levels at gigs.

I haven't decided whether to sell the GT-6B or save it for recording.
    Decisions decisions.... :p

6. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    I'll check out the 8B if it gets made, but like others who answered I didn't care for my 6B either. I took it back to the store for a refund and bought a few stomps.

DCat