Can you believe someone is selling their Mouradian?!? - not spam

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ModmanQ6, Nov 20, 2003.

1. This guy must have run into hard times to part with this one... Apparently Chris Squire owns serial #2 and this one is #3...

Look Here

2. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    That's a rare bird for sure. I've only ever seen one other for sale (years ago) and it was a greenish burst.
  3. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    this is why he is selling the bass...

4. notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    no, i think its more than he never played it, that was just part of the description. its probably financial problems as we all encounter them sometime or another.
  5. bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    you never know. he could be selling it because he can't stand to look at it anymore! ;)

(uhh comes the flaming!) :D
  6. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Exactly. Investments are worth nothing if you don't sell them at one point or another!
  7. Guys did Pat Badger and Nuno Bettencourt play these on the first extreme album?Im sure I saw both of them also playing these in their set of the Freddy Mercury tribute concert back in about 91 or 92.They look trippy but very comfy at the same time.
  8. I can't believe he never played it - what a waste! Now he's gotta sell it without a taste...:bawl:
  9. Maybe it's not so playable, and by him claiming that he never played it can get away w/o disclosing any problems.

Just kept it as a trophy all this time, deeming it useless as a bass for him. If so, he probably should be selling it.
  10. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    HI! Haven't posted before, but I have a Mouradian and wanted to comment. I know next to nothing about them, mostly just from playing mine. If only 5 were really handmade as the Ebay listing says, I'd imagine mine was one of the other 15. If anyone out there has any info about them, it would be appreciated!

He's selling some other nice basses - like an Alembic 8 string that atm is going for half the price of this one.

I've only seen 2 Mouradians in person, Squire's and mine. If this one doesn't have any issues it's a great playing and sounding bass, tho the body style isn't everyone's cup of tea. The scale seems to be shorter than my regular long scale basses, neck is on the narrow side. Not too heavy, sits at a nice angle. Tonally, mine is quite bright, doesn't sound like Squire's in the Yes recordings, but I use different amps/gear. I remember at one Yes show, Squire's Ric quit during "Yours is no Disgrace" and he finished the song on his Mouradian, which sounded better!

The Fender look never floated my boat, I'd rather play something unique even if half the people that see it can't stand it. Luckily, I got mine dirt cheap from a clueless music store that hadn't heard of them.:D