1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can you buy a fretless neck for a Warwick?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jady, Sep 23, 2006.

1. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I have a Warwick Streamer STD and was considering converting it to a fretless. I really would like a Warwick neck but was wondering if you could buy an aftermarket fretless neck that would fit.

I dont want to have it converted to fretless cuz it may kill the resale on it. thanks John

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  3. yep, contact them since s/n is on neck i think they make u send it in. Good luck.

4. Unfortunatly, Ive tried, and they wont do it. Im not certain on the reasoning, but basically they wont sell you a fretless replacement neck unless the bass was fretless in the first place

5. what if you have them send you a fretted neck and have it defretted by a luthier?

6. irjason

irjason In Memoriam

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Wasn't there a thread on here several months back where someone had a neck made for a Warwick body by another TB member? Maybe it was a body made for a neck? I guess you could go that route if you're really dedicated to the idea, but for the cost it might be as practical to pick up a used fretless Warwick.

7. 00Funk

00Funk Inactive

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    There is a fretless Warwick neck on ebay right now. Just search fretless. You'll see it

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021