Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

can you convince me?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rexspangle, Mar 11, 2001.

1. I own a WM head and it has the extra rack space. I considered an fx unit (but however I like pedals because you can mix different brands.)

So I thought I would try a Korg rack tuner. but I do not see the point of this compared to a normal tuner or just my ear.

Yeah it sure looks cool but there has to be something more worthwhile than just trying to impress other musicians.

you think?

suggestions???

thanx

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Get a good rackmount compressor...or a BBE Sonic Maximizer.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Playing in tune will impress the other musicians more than the looks of the Korg. I like the convenience of being able to tune even between songs in no time. Tuning by ear on stage means that you're going to share it with your audience. They didn't pay to hear that.

4. BASS_PLAYERS

BASS_PLAYERS

Mar 3, 2001
    Ada, Ok
    A good rackmount tuner enables you to accurately (and silently) tune in the middle of a gig without having to unplug/tune by ear. However there are several manufacturers that make good pedal tuners that you dont have to be by your rig to operate and are exceptionally accurate.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The Boss stompbox tuner is bitchen. I'd get one if I didn't already have the Korg rackmount.