1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can you curb GAS?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lowner, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Lowner

Lowner

May 14, 2005
    Over Here
    I can. I never thought it was possible but I have not bought any gear int the last six months other than string(if that even counts as gear). I am so happy with my basses and guitars for that matter that i dont need to have the latest top of the line anything. And all the fancy schmancy basses dont cut it. I have several basses i love them all. And all I use effects wise is distortion and wah. i dont need or want anything else. So I guess I dont get GAS because I am satisfied with what I have. Maybe thats the underlying cause of GAS , not being satisfied with what you already have gear wise.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Exactly. Not being happy with what you have is the underlying cause of GAS. It doesn't just apply to bass gear though of course. It happens in all walks of life. Learn to be happy with what you have, and overall you will be happier.

3. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I'm here to tell you, it will pass. You will be able to hold out for 3 more months tops.:D

My biggest problem isn't the bass gear. I have been improving my studio for the last few years and it isn't cheap. It seems like you need a different mic for everything. You always need better preamps and more cables.