1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can you daisy chain GK Neo cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Murph_Orpheus, Oct 5, 2010.

1. My GK Neo cabs are in my band's rehearsal studio at the moment and I won't be there for a few days to try this out, but is it possible to daisy chain them? I usually just use both speakon outs on my amp but I recently bought an SVT 4 Pro and while I'm waiting for it to be delivered I was thinking about the hook up possibilities from it and if I want to get full power from the mono bridge section I'd have to chain my cabs which are both 8 ohm.

2. CDweller

CDweller

Oct 24, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    I have 4 of the 12" GK Neo ll cabs. You can daisy chain them. You have to go from your amp to either the first cab's 1/4" input or speakon input. If you go into the 1/4" input, you have go out from the speakon to the next cab. If you go into the speakon, you output to the next cab through the 1/4" (now) output.

I have four cords that are speakon at one end and 1/4" at the other, and this is one way of daisy chaining these cabs. You can also go from the amp to the 1/4" input, and then use a speakon to speakon to input the next cab.

3. Yeah I read through the manual online before so I know all about the hook up capabilities but was just wondering whether I could chain my GK cabs. Cheers.

4. CDweller

CDweller

Oct 24, 2009
    Clearwater, FL

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021