1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can you guess that the author of this article is married to a bass player?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mattj1stc, Jun 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mattj1stc

mattj1stc Gold Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Dallas, TX USA
    Hi everyone,

My wife is a contributor to the Huffington Post and writes about leadership, teamwork and organizational development. She's really great at what she does, and she has a lot of good things to say on those topics. Very good info if you're like me - someone who works in a regular corporate job, but enjoys playing music. That said, I was able to help her out a little with her latest article. You can probably guess by the graphic for this article that she's married to someone who plays bass.

Thanks,

Matt

AMPLIFY Teamwork

2. BossOnBass

BossOnBass

Aug 11, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Interesting points and nice graphics! Just curious, how does one go about getting such an article published?

mattj1stc likes this.
  3. mattj1stc

Jan 13, 2009
    Dallas, TX USA
    Thanks. My wife submitted a different draft article to the Huffington Post, and they invited her to be a contributor. Interestingly, Ariana herself still reads through new submissions and approves them, which was s little surprising - we didn't know she was still so hands on. From there, they set my wife up with login credentials.

BossOnBass likes this.
  4. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

The article explains why I play bass and drums, not lead guitar. It's more satisfying to be the engine than it is to be the shiny chrome grill.

Clark Dark and mattj1stc like this.
  5. mattj1stc

Jan 13, 2009
    Dallas, TX USA
    Thanks for reading my post - I completely agree.