Can you guys decide...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sumfortyone, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Cort Curbow 4

8 vote(s)
  2. Yamaha RBX760A

1 vote(s)
  3. Yamaha Attitude Plus

5 vote(s)
  1. ..which bass I should get? :confused:

1. Yamaha RBX760A

2. Cort Curbow 4

3. Yamaha Attitude Plus
  2. Would you really purchase a bass on the say-so of a bunch of strangers on the internet? Most everyone here has something good to say about the bass(es) they play, but I wouldn't run off and buy a Sadowsky, just because Nino Brown likes them, or a Conklin, just 'cause John Turner has stock in the company.

3. Hey there. No, I just want public opinion on those bases to give me a rough guide on what those basses are like since I'm new. I'm all too familiar with the try-then-buy-if-you-like-it formula. Thanks for your opinion though.
  4. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    i gotta pizza right now...
    mmmmmmmm... pepperoni....

which brings a good point... wash your hands before playing!
  5. The only one I've not played is the Cort. No one around me ever has them stocked.

I like Yamaha basses, and the RBX760A is one of the best of the RBX series.

The Attitude bass is nice, too. Better than the RBX760, IMO. It's a signature model, but right now I can't remember. I want to say Nathan East, but I know that's wrong. Anyway, I've never played a Yamaha that I haven't liked. Very well worth it for the money, in most cases.
  6. You gotta play to figure it out. Took me forever but I finally got one.

7. MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Chaos, Billy Sheehan IIRC
  8. I voted Cort Curbow simply beacuse I haven't played a Yamaha that I liked since around 1980.
  9. Yup, that's it. The Attitude basses have Precision pups, the Nathan East has dual soaps.
  10. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Ponder, what's that Additute Plus doing there?

Additute Plus is Yamaha's absolute beginner model, it costs around $150. Other Additutes are the ones with HB on the neck etc.

From that bunch, unless it's the Curbow with Bartolini electronics, the Yamaha RBX.