Can you guys help a fellow bass player out?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by venezuelanbass, Dec 28, 2003.

1. I know this is supposed to go in the amps and pickups section, but since more people log into this section, here it about to buy an ampeg svt 4 pro, but i have running through my mind the idea of getting either the svt 5, svt classic (tubes) or a gallien krueger 2001RB, the one Flea uses. Can i get you guy`s opinions on this, you know.. tell me if you think the amps i have on my mind are some of the best, or recomend others, money is not a problem for the head, about $1500 budget. Also, im really looking for power, my guitarrist has a mesa boogie triple rectifier, LOUD AS ****, i really need raw volume power more than anything.

Also Im about to buy either a nice spector (europe) 5 string, or an american fender jazz bass 5 string.(damn! talk about a rig make over!lol)

I loved the fender neck, but man! the output is weak as hell! do you guys know what are the best pick ups to mount on a fender jazz bass 5, to make it really punky and loud? thx a lot to the guys that reply man!

2. correction: punchy not punky
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Posting something in the wrong forum in an attempt to get more advice will end up with more criticism and less help.
  4. lol sorry for breaking the world internet law of posting "BASS" amp questions in the "BASS" section. just triyin to get as many in put as possible man, i dont have many bass player friends, actually only 2 good ones.
  5. Actually, the amps forum gets a bunch of visitors. I'm always seeing new posts in there. Don't assume you will actually get more answers in here, because you wont. Each forum gets the people who are most knowledgeable to the subject which is where you will get the most precise answers and best input, not here.
  6. I think the SVT classic would be a great choice, it's a good, punchy, loud amp. As for pickups, I think Seymour Duncan Basslines are considered a good choice for loud, punchy pickups. I'm not sure if they make a 5 string model.
  7. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Sure they have 5 string models
  8. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Can't say much about pickups, but as far as amps, I'm all for GK, I've been using my 400RB-III for years from metal to jazz to blues and whatnot and it's constantly perfect, punchy and boomy when needed.
  9. WhatOtto

Dec 10, 2003
    Portland, OR.
    you could save yourself alot of money if you just told your guitar player to turn it down a little.
  10. i could, cuz that what ive` been doing and still do, i just want a sick amp, so i dont have to worry about amps anymore for a long time
  11. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Yes, you have broken the law. Send all your basses to me as soon as possible to prevent prosecution.

Moved to Amps, where it belongs.