Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can you guys help a newbie here?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gbf, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Hey all!
    first let me introduce myself. My name is Gabriel and I live in Brazil. I play bass for about 2 years now and the question I have is this: I have a Fender from a kind a have never found nothing about. It says American Tradicional on the headstock and I've got all the papers and documents that came with the bass. The serial number matches with the year it was made ('01) so it's not a knockoff (not that i care, i just love the bass). The problem is i can't find any information about it at all. Do you guys now anything about this bass?:confused:

Thanks,
    Gabriel [3h]

2. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
  3. thanks artistanbul but it didn't helped :(

Thanks,
    Gabriel [3h]

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    We like pictures here, got any?

5. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    If you can post some pics, it would help a lot.

BTW, Welcome to talkbass.

6. Hey y'all,

thanks by-tor :)
    here are some pics of the bass:

[​IMG]

I changed the knobs to some les paul ones as you can see.

I'll upload a pic of the headstock and post later on this afternoon.

Thanks,
    Gabriel [3h]

7. So, as i said here is the headstock picture.

[​IMG]

what you guys can tell me about my axe?

Thanks,
    Gabriel [3h]

8. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Looks like a standard American Jazz Bass. What specifics did you want to know about it?

9. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Great bass. Many, many others have been made based on this basic design. Looks like a Made in America. That is one of the higher end fenders. They also have Made in Mexico basses. They are more inexpensive. Seems like you have a great bass. Should be standard single coil pickups. For what it is worth, one of the cheaper upgrades I have seen people do on these is replace the bridge with something beefier (Leo Quann, etc...). Couldn't tell what the bridge was from the pics. Hope this helped a bit.