Can you help me find a good price on the Fender I've chosen?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KataPolt, Aug 22, 2004.

1. KataPolt

Aug 4, 2004
    Hello :)

I thought about paying someone to do refinish on my bass for a while, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would be better to sell the bass and buy one with the finish I want.

The color I want is called Sunset Orange Transparent, and Fender sells this with the ash body option.

(below is a photo of the finish - the bass in the photo is a P/J, but same idea) :hyper:

This finish is a $150.00 option and includes ash instead alder for body.

I have not bought an instrument online before, so I don't know where to look. When I try to search on google, I get so many hits for Fender that it seem to be impossible to find exactly what I'm looking for. :(

I have read about, and they offer this bass for 1050.00. I think this model of bass that I want is only a model offered for the past 1-2 years. I would very much like to find used, but I do not think I will have much luck.

Can you help me find this bass for sale someplace online that would be a better price than Musiciansfriend?

Thank you very much :)
  2. Ebay might have one, but you're better off getting a new one from a site like Musician's friend. I'm assuming that you're buying an American series P bass, and Fender is offering 100$ off all American series basses till the end of the year. Check out the Fender site, You can even probably order one directly from Fender but I don't know how much it'll cost you.
  3. pitbill

Mar 27, 2003
    Bluefield, WV
    There is an American P-bass in a local store in my area in that exact color that has been on the showroom for about 2 years now. It is quite a remarkable color. PM me and I can probably get the phone number for you. Maybe you can get a deal since it has been there a while.
  4. KataPolt

Aug 4, 2004
    Hi pitbill, thanks so much!

I am now logged in on my name again. Can you please send the private message with the information to me or to my friend's username?

Thanks so much! :hyper:
  5. Awsome colour...i have a P-bass in Sunset Orange Transparent i bought a couple years ago. Beautiful colour that isnt seen too often.

One thing though..i dunno if you have ever seen the colour in person...But it is a bit more red than actual orange. But still an awsome colour.
  6. elgranluis

elgranluis Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    El paso, TX
    your best bet is to wait a bit... musicians friend blew those basses at 600 bucks a couple of years ago. I guess it's one of those "you gotta see it to buy it" color that no one actually bought over the net. My guess is that the same thing will happen sooner or later.
  7. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I've been using Froogle for all of my price-matching needs, and needless to say it's been a godsend. Because most of my purchases are through MF by evil... err, necessity of their credit line, I then take the lowest price to MF who will price-match any legitimate internet store (This is how I picked up a QSC PLX 1602 for so low that they point-blank said, "We're loosing money on this deal" :smug: )

For example, you get this result, take the price to MF where they'll much more than likely match the price, plus the $100 rebate offer that Fender's offering on American Series instruments, plus MF's free shipping...$861.50. Almost $200 less then their posted price.

(This is where I always say that joing ASCAP is a must simply for the 5% discount from MF and Guitar Center - that would reduce the price by $43.07)
  8. pitbill

Mar 27, 2003
    Bluefield, WV
    The one at my local shop is very orange from what I remember.
  9. KataPolt

Aug 4, 2004
    Wow...very much information here - thanks so much, everyone!

I hope to have some time during work today to make some calls and see what deals I can find :)

That's a great idea about finding a good price on the net, and then having musiciansfriend match, and use their credit service...
  10. I have this color on a 2002 Jazz bass. It is almost too pretty. ;)

I am considering selling it to get a 5 string. What are you looking for? P, P/J, or J?