Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can you help me ID this board?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by I-Love-Ratm, Mar 12, 2006.

1. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey

This is the bass player form Biffy Clyro's pedal board. I can ID the TU-2,The EQ,The ODB3 and then I'm lost.Any help?

jimbos pedals.jpg

2. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    the black one if probably a HM-2 or a metal zone

3. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    Can't really see from the pic but one of them must be a delay as he used that in Liberate the Illiterate

4. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    The final white one that's half-hidden by his arm must be the delay then, prolly a DD-3 or a DD-6.

I have no clue what the black pedal could be--doesn't look like a Metal Zone to me, but maybe.

-Dash

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    This might help:

[​IMG]

6. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Bumpy!

7. that black one has to be a metal zone, and i what might be a green pedal in there, and the only green pedal i know about is the tube screamer, so it might be a tube screamer...might just be tape...

8. donut

donut

Jan 27, 2004
    UK
    That black one looks dark brown to me, so I'm thinking (along with the fact it's got three knobs, look at the yellow tape) that it might be a Boss OC-2. The green pedal could be a Digitech BSW.

9. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    You could be right about the octaver.The Green one could also be a phaser if there even is a green pedal on there!

10. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    That green one looks the wrong shade to be a BSW, it looks more like a Boss Phase shifter to me... Then again, the photo is blurry, it could be a BSW. But I'll guess it's a phaser.

-Dash

11. upon closer inspection, i think its just green tape...its the exact same color as the green tape in front...

12. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I checked that out but I don't think that's entirely right!!

13. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    Yeah, that list doesn't quite match up. I'm pretty sure I can spot an EQ pedal, and I don't see a Sansamp anywhere... That green thing might actually be the LS-2 though, with green tape on the bottom as superbassman said.

-Dash

14. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    I'm going to see them in a couple weeks, I'll see if I can get a closer look at it! :D

15. DrGonzo

DrGonzo

May 24, 2005
    Aye, as I remember, the Sansamp is a bass driver used only as a DI, which is at the amp side of things.

I'm pretty sure both James and Simon use Metal Zone pedals - certainly Simon's the only guitarist I've everr worked with to get a decent tone out of one.

As for delay, I'm pretty sure they must use one, but what the hell. Next time they're around, I'll have a natter.

16. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    It's kinda drivin me crazy!!I heard that Simon uses one alright.Is the big silver box a power supply?

17. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    Yeah,that big silver box is the power supply, prolly homemade from the looks of it.

-Dash