1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can you help me identify this Gibson bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheWoodShed, Oct 4, 2013.

1. This is a picture of me my senior yeah (1986) with my first bass, sold to me by a mom and pop store that kind of took me in as a kid and let me earn it by working it off. I thought at the time that it was a 1968 Gibson EB-0 from what the Gibson rep at the store told me at the time but I don't know because I haven't been able to find ny other bass exactly like it. The clover leaf style tuner were original, and it was a short scale.

This a a picture of a picture so I am sorry. The white blob is from my flash but the "star" is an effect by the photographer. I am waxing nostalgic for some of my old basses, but the Fender Performers and Gibson Victory Artist price are just going to unreasonable heights. I may give good money for my very first bass though!

Any ideas?

Thansk,
    Ted

IMG_20131004_015616_988_zps2acee238.

2. rubato

rubato

Feb 16, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    I think it's a bit later than a 68. The P/U was moved to that position in 72 I believe.

3. sanderic

sanderic

Jun 3, 2011
    That is a mid seventys EBO.

4. Okay. Thanks all!