1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can you help me please

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Zackk, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Zackk

Zackk Commercial User

Dec 19, 2019
    Hello can someone help me to setup my pedalboard i dont know witch one have to be first .....
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    List all of your reasons for using each pedal. Take your time and really think about this.

Element Zero likes this.
  3. Zackk

Zackk Commercial User

Dec 19, 2019
    Hello these are all the pedals i want to use but i dont know wich one have to first and witxh one next .....

Bass driver digitech
    Bass synth wah digitech
    Sansamp tech 21 nyc
    Lell parametric eq
    Ashdown sub octave plus
    Boss bass limiter enhancer
    Zoom b2
    Wah wah pedal
    Thank you !!!!!!

4. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    Experiment.

5. JeezyMcNuggles

JeezyMcNuggles Inactive

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    I suck, but nobody notices
    Yeah, you just gotta keep adding them in and out of the chain until you find what works best where. Some you might find working best in the fx loop, some you might find you dont want anywhere. It's a trial and error deal. But, I'd put the parametric absolutely last and in the fx loop. I'd most likely just ditch the sansamp also. Why do you need 2 xtra eqs, and a drive?

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome to TalkBass!!!

Unfortunately, it's trial and error for most of us. That means we try different stuff and go with the order that works best for our needs. There's no one perfect way to do it every time.

7. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Welcome to TalkBass!

When it comes to the order of effects, there’s no single order that will be absolutely right for every player. You’ll hear that over and over again along with there being no hard and fast rules. But there are some guidelines that’ll be s big help in getting you started.

This Rick Beato video is one of the best intros I’ve seen about how to go about crafting your effect pedal order.

Robertron likes this.
  8. Experiment with pairs of effects and their different combinations, ie A/B, B/A. Some common pairings - Delay/Reverb, Octave/Fuzz, Preamp/Compressor, Boost/Preamp.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021