1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can You Identify Anything About This Bass By The Recording?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ashtray9, Apr 21, 2009.

1. ashtray9

ashtray9

Aug 1, 2002
    Tempe Arizona
    Howdy, folks. I thought this would be an interesting test... What can you guys absolutely identify about this bass from listening to the recording alone? This is partially in response to reading threads arguing about the tone of nitro vs poly finishes. :rollno:

Anyway, I'm willing to bet that nobody can tell me anything about this bass other than the type of strings used. Don't cheat.

I would like to hear manufacturer, pickups, etc.

Here's the link:
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/5895908700ba4182/

This was recorded straight into a p.o.s. dell laptop with zero processing. Good luck!

2. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    Late '90s Fender Jazz (MIA) with maple neck, Badass bridge, grover tuners, Dimarzio pickups, poly finish, and either Planet Waves or Schaller straplocks.... and a white pickguard. The body came off Router #7 and the neck off machine #12, the machinist's wife had just finished making plans for their daughter's birthday party, the finish was applied on a Thursday in May, final assembly on a Wednesday in a month beginning with J during a full moon while it was raining.

Kidding;)