Can You Identify This Song?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Boplicity, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Mitsubishi has an ad running now in heavy rotation on TV for its Eclypse automobile. In the ad a young girl is dancing in her seat, waving her very slender arms to a song I like. It has an electronically processed voice singing in a style I would call techno dance.

The lyrics are roughly:

Another day goes by without you.
    Another day of living without you.
    Without you.
    Without you.

Then the music starts to pump in a typical tecno dance style.

I've done a search of songs titled "Without You" at, but couldn't find anything even remotely similar. "Without You" is a very popular song title in several genres of music. I'm guessing either the song has a different title or it was just created special for the ad.

I also checked Moby, Aphex Twin, and several other dance and tecno bands for that song and couldn't find it either, but maybe, as I say, the title is actually different.

You guys always come through for me when I am searching for a song. I hope this time will be no different.
  2. Sorry...can't help you, but you might try emailing Mitsubishi....they might be able to hook you up.
  3. mflaherty

mflaherty Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Somthing's Wrong - Jesus and Mary Chain?
  4. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...that would be a Helluva marketing blunder, don't ya think?
    I mean, 'something's wrong' in their product?! ;)
  5. Do these word seem right?

Another day goes by me
    Another day of life without you
    And as I look around me
    I feel so lonely there's noone
    Noone here beside me
    Noone here to help to see me through
    To see me through
    To see me through
    Cause I need you
    Cause I need you

Been standing still for much too long
    And I realise there's something wrong
    I'm feeling strange, I need a change
    And I realise that there's something wrong
    There's something wrong
    There's something wrong

Another two years over
    Don't understand what's happened to me
    These days are so much colder
    Up against the fire, dont feel any heat
    Cracked up years behind me
    Cracked up years ahead are all I see
    Are all I see

This song is off the first record "Psychocandy," but what you're describing would have to be some sorrt of cover version. The original is extremely noisy and poorly produced, and would not trnaslate well to a telelvison commercial. I'm also wondering about how likely Jim and William Reid would be to license a song to a commercial after Budweiser used Sugar Ray without permission.
  6. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    "Days Go By," by Dirty Vegas. Out for 6 months already in the UK. Available as an import at Amazon for some ridiculous markup.
  7. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Hell yeah something is wrong with it. 3G Eclipses are SUCH disapointments.

Where's the turbo? (V6's BLOW)
    Where's the AWD?
    Why did they put more weight on the car?

95 Eclipse GSX
    16G Turbo (plus many other mods)
    12.72 @ 105.23 mph
    20 psi on 93 octane pump gas

Oh yeah and if that guy with the Camaro tries to come on here and smack me up, my car is street legal and gets 30 miles to the gallon. :p :p :p
  8. Mine gets 40 mi-to-gal :D

I have the keep the women away with a stick.
  9. Boplicity

Whew! Thanks for all the commentary. The Jesus and Mary Chain song isn't quite right. Close, but no cigar. I did read that one of their songs was used in a Chevrolet ad a while back.

Let me go to Amazon and see if they have a sound sample from the Dirty Vegas album. I tried Haddaway, but have decided that, though he has a song with a similar name, he does not use the heavily processed voice heard in the Mitsubishi ad.
  10. Boplicity

Thank you, Christopher. It appears you are right. The customer reviews at do state that this is the song in the Mitsubishi ad with the girl "popping"...whatever that means.

You are also right about the outrageous price, $26.00 for three songs. CD Now has just the one song for $10.00. It better last twenty minutes for that.

Looks like music gets VERY expensive if it appears in a Mitsubishi ad.
  11. And you know that the artist is maybe getting about 10 cents of that $10. :rolleyes: