Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can you identify this?

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by cannon, May 7, 2005.

1. Does anyone know what kind of double case / gigbag Michael Manring is using here?

:help:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Wow, interesting.

You should post this is Manring's forum in the 'Ask The Pros' section and get the info straight from him.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I think Blackbird is right. I am moving it there now.

4. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    That case was made for me by a company called Modern Case and it's been great. Unfortunately, their web site (www.moderncase.com) seems to be down. Anybody know what's going on with them?

5. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    moderncase is still making cases for roscoe basses so, the sites probably just being admined.

when in doubt , blame comcast[problematic , unreliable isp ]

6. A bandmate of mine who works at a music store says they're out of business. Can anybody else corroborate this?

Anybody know of a comparable case?

7. Michael Manring

Apr 1, 2000
    Ooooh, bummer. Please do let us know if there is anybody else making these kinds of cases. I really rely on them for the traveling I do. I’ve used just about every kind of case out there and have found this style to be the most effective for me.

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Does anyone have a pic of Michael's case? Sorry to bump an old thread- I was just curious if it was a double gig bag with a softshell's padding (I've been searching for one to no avail).

9. Here's a couple...

Attached Files:

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thanks. Looks like it is what I wanted- too bad they're out of business. Never knew the Hyperbass was so scratched up on the back :D

11. Michael Manring

Apr 1, 2000
    Yeah, the old Hyperbass has seen some serious miles!

12. ZonMan

ZonMan

Sep 10, 2002
    Berkley, MI USA
    I always wondered if the Hyperbass and Vinny got all scratched up from banging against each other when Michael wears them simultaneously. Now I know.