Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can you identufy my bass model?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jimdsinger, Sep 28, 2003.

1. jimdsinger

jimdsinger

Sep 28, 2003
    Roanoke, VA
    :bassist:
    I have an Ibanez Bass that my wife bought for my birthday in 92 or 93 and I need help with Identification of the model. I have searched on-line catalogs and the nearest guess is a 1993 Ibanez Soundgear model SR950TT however, I can't find a five string in that model. Serial number is F218546, which identifies factory: Fuji Gen Gakki, January 1992 and production number 8546. Any info from the experts would be very helpful.

Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Is it this one ?

[​IMG]

3. jimdsinger

jimdsinger

Sep 28, 2003
    Roanoke, VA
    It looks the same except for the color and the pickups are jazz style with the bridge pickup slanted. It also has gold hardware. See the attached image. By the way how did you get your image on the thread? I couldn't do it.
    Thanks

4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
  5. jimdsinger

jimdsinger

Sep 28, 2003
    Roanoke, VA
    Yeah, I got that, but I'm talking about how did you upload it to the thread itself so I could see it there. I've done this on other forums with no problem. Do I have to enter an image code or what?
    Thanks

6. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    Paste the image's address into your post, preview the post and change 'url' to 'img'.

[​IMG]

7. jimdsinger

jimdsinger

Sep 28, 2003
    Roanoke, VA
    :bassist:
    Hi Eric,
    This is what I found out. My Bass was made in the Fugi-Gen Gakki plant in February of 1992. It is in the 1993 Ibanez catalog on page 33 in the 6 string section.
    It is an Ibanez SoundGear 5-string SR895TT (Tranparent Turqouise) with an Ash body and 3-piece Maple neck. The guitar has a Rosewood fingerboard with Pearl dot inlays and a Gotoh 5-string gold finished bridge with gold hardware, and J-style EMG active pickups. It's sweet.
    Jim
    [​IMG]

8. Any chance you could scan the page that has the SR1300 on it? I'm having a horrible time trying to find any info on my bass..

9. jimdsinger

jimdsinger

Sep 28, 2003
    Roanoke, VA
  10. jimdsinger

jimdsinger

Sep 28, 2003
    Roanoke, VA
  11. jimdsinger

jimdsinger

Sep 28, 2003
    Roanoke, VA
    I tell ya man, I tried to sell my Bass on Ebay and couldn't get a bid above $200.00. I paid almost $1200 for it and it's in great shape. Really upset me. So I just kept it.
    Jim
    :bassist: :bawl:

12. It looks like I have a '93 SR1300PD.. Which is what I thought.. minus the PD part.. I can't find out much about my bass.. I'm gonna check the forum you linked though. What can you find out with my serial number? I don't feel great about posting it to a public forum..

13. jimdsinger

jimdsinger

Sep 28, 2003
    Roanoke, VA
    The serial number tells me where and when it was made, the model, and the production number. Is yours made from Paduka wood? you can email me if you don't want to post to the web.
    Jim