Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can you make an Eden Grrrowl???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Morris, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Morris

Morris Guest

Oct 7, 2002
    Cardiff, Wales
    Hi folks. My quest for a new amp has led me to investigate Eden. I have found a 500 watt Highwayman plus 4x10 for sale at a price which is nice (£1050 for the pair) but is 200 miles away therefore ruling out a trial. Now I am aware that Eden make very high quality amps but I like to make my amps growl. I play with a hard fingers/pick style and like to get some drive. Now is it possible to run the Eden HOT? I know that they have tube preamps so theoretically they should but I turn to you my friends, has anyone got any experience of Eden? Please help!

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    without a pedal or sansamp, i really doubt it. anything you would get would be a combination of solid state and 12ax7 distortion, and theres really not a whole lot going into the tube in the eden heads so i don't think you'd be happy.

if you don't want to lug around an all tube head, get an SWR interstellar overdrive preamp and a poweramp. all the growl you would ever need, and then some!