1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can you multitask?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Skel, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    I can't multitask. I think it might be a guy thing. Women can kick ass at multitasking. I'm asynchronous.

2. depends on what it is im doing ;)

does being ambidextrous count as multitasking?

3. tr68gt

tr68gt Acme Corporation Beta Tester

Aug 2, 2006
    Naples, Florida
    You mean like talk and piss my wife off at the same time? Sure.

Actually, yes, I have to in my work.

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Sometimes I can, sometimes not. Depends on what I'm doing.

5. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Well technically, your brain can usually only focus on one task at a time (most people) - but if you mean being able to keep track of multiple things going on and keeping them all straight and getting them all done, then yeah, I can do that hehe.

6. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    No. Multitasking is where you are productively working, doing TB, and you have 4 people whom you are currently IM'ing.

7. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    That pretty much describes all my work days lol.

8. Mole

Mole

Jul 7, 2005
    I can multitask sometimes, depending on what I'm doing (though I can't think of anything right now that I can multitask), but usually I can't. Pretty frustrating.

9. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    Should probably throw in eating and sipping coffee in there too. And listening to music.

10. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    What about talking, eating, playing a first person shooter, and listening to your final mixdown for any mistakes that need to be completely redone?

11. no, hold on a second, I have to breathe.

12. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Yeah, that's it. But you also need to be researching your next vacation over the net.

13. Yeah, I actually have three browser tabs open at the moment, and I'm talking to two people over yahoo messenger.

I actually have a really hard time doing just a single thing. If I'm watching TV, I always have my bass in my hands or a book on my lap. I think I have ADD or something. :meh:

14. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    I don't think I could do that and play an FPS...I'd have to minimize one of them. Maybe if the vacation was researched in a brochure instead of the internet though.

15. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    This is depressing me. The ability to multitask is a very valuable skill.

16. Mole

Mole

Jul 7, 2005
    What FPS(es?) do you play?

17. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Man, I used to be the master. I could multitask better than anyone I knew...then I broke me. Too much stress. Didn't think I was vulnerable. Thought I was bulletproof in that regard...but I've had the roughest two years of my life, and PTSD after an accident just wrecked my concentration.

Man, what I wouldn't give to have my marbles back....

18. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Wow, that is really terrible. I'm so sorry. I kind of know how you feel, but loosing your focus from an accident would really suck. I hope you get it back eventually.

19. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    yes, I can use TB and MSN at the same time! :D

20. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    yeah, i can usually listen to music, talk to people online, do homework, and eat dinner all at the same time, but other than that, i don't have much use for multitasking.

Oh yeah, i can also drive stick! that counts, right?