1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can you order directly from Mesa?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KingOvHell, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Couldnt find anything on there website so i thought i would ask here.

2. BELLATOR

BELLATOR

Sep 7, 2005
    I believe they have a web store for apparel, etc. but I'm pretty sure you have to buy amps and cabs in stores that carry Mesa.

3. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    the closest to this would be their hollywood store

4. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    It is slightly weird that it's impossible to buy Mesa stuff online. I mean, come on... twenty first century guys, get with it already.

5. You would think they would make a hell of alot more money selling online. It sucks cause there isint really a close dealer near me.

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    You can only buy Mesa amps and such directly if you live a certain distance away from the closest dealer.

7. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    M/B does things this way to protect their dealers, nothing wrong with this model, really.

8. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Mesa can protect its reputation more easily this way. Consumers know that Mesa stands behind the dealer where they buy their new Mesa product from.

9. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Also, I think M/B is able to keep at production capacity this way. Sure you might want easier access to their goods, but this would mean an increase in production price for them as they would need to produce more goods in the same amount of time. Their profit margin would decrease. There is no real incentive for them to sell a lot more than they already are.

Sorry, just got done with economics homework...

10. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Mesa does offer accessories and certain parts online directly. I also know of some people who have been able to purchase certain specialty items (discontinued stuff) directly.

11. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    Based on the questions on the warranty paperwork I filled out for my M6, it seems like a combination of this and Mesa wanting to make sure the retailer meets the buyers expectations for being able to try out the gear in a good environment and have a knowledgeable salesperson to work with.

I have no issues with that, but I also have a good Mesa dealer near where I live.