1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can you please help me read a product manual?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LongHairFreak, Apr 25, 2009.

1. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Hey Folks

This post is partially concerning a musical issue, but it is also an off topic sort of thing. So I thought I'd put it here in Misc. If this is not the proper place, please mods, move it to where it belongs.

My attempts to access the pdf manual for a Peavy Max Bass Preamp I just acquired are not working. As some TBers already know, I am blind and my screen-reader software (used to read a pc screen) may very well be the trouble. After two eMails to Peavy customer service, I have heard nothing from them. So I thought I'd ask you folks. The main reason I want to access this file is, without knowing the whats & wheres of all the knobs, buttons & switches on the front and rear panels of this preamp, I've really know idea of how to even get started in using it; and I really want to get going.

I realize there is software that can translate pdf to text, but since I cannot access the pdf in the first place, I'm not sure how to go about using such software. So I am appealing to all my good hearted bass brothers and sisters. Would any of you have the know-how--not to mention the desire-- to assist me in translating this pdf file to something I can read? Either Word or just plain text would work fine. If you've any other suggestions, I'm certainly open to them.

If you would like to assist, please eMail me at: BrettsBass@comcast.net
    Access for the Max Bass Preamp pdf file can be found here.
    http://www.peavey.com/support/searchmanuals/archived.cfm?page=M

Thank you all.
    Brett

2. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Just bumping it to the top in case anybody who can help missed it.

Thanks

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I've got your back, Longhair--email incoming.

4. LongHairFreak

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    I have spoken with our fellow TBer BongoMania directly, as he's offered to assist me with my manual problem. True to a man with a good spirit, despite his own time constraints--family, work, school...jammin'--he has graciously taken on a task that will surely use up some of that precious time. Bongo has chosen to edit, translate (type) to Word/text (a format my screen reader can access) all relevant information from the manual in question, then eMail it to me. All this just to help a fellow out. Sure, this is not life saving, but it certainly is a kindness that will not soon be forgotten.

Because of this, I will be checking out my new preamp very soon. HU RAH!!
    Thanks Bongo.
    My thanks are also extended to those other TBers who have contacted me.

Brett