can you post some TI-Jazz Flats recordings?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by zesi, Oct 26, 2005.

1. zesi

Jan 30, 2005
    I'm about to change strings on my Fender Precision but I'm not really sure which ones I'll put on. My choices are Fender 9050, TI Jazz JF344 or Labella Deep Talkin' Flats. Right now I've got Rotosound Jazz flatwounds on it and they're not bad, but I think it could be better. I really want to hear the TI jazz flats but to install them I'd have to adjust the neck relief first, which means I'd have to unmount the neck etc. etc. and since I'm a bit lazy I thought I'd ask in here if anyone has got a recording of TI jazz flats with a precision. (Well actually I'd even have to bring the bass to a pro to get a nice setup, since I'm scared of damaging the truss rod). It'd be nice if someone of you could help me out. I've searched the forum but haven't found any recordings with TI jazz flats at all. A recording of a precisision with LaBella Deep Talkin' Flats as a comparision would be nice too.
    well.. thanks in advance
  2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA

I don't have any real music done but here's a quick clip I just did.

Click Here.

Squier P with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound pickup.

Edit: These are the TI Jazz Flats but do not recall the gauge.
  3. zesi

Jan 30, 2005
    thanks alot..

the strings really do sound quite special. I'm not yet sure if I like the tone.. :) hmm...
  4. AGCurry

Jun 29, 2005
    Kansas City
    My band's website has audio clips from our album:

Best examples:

"Belz" is TI JFs on a fretless P/J.

"Mayn Shvester Khaye" is TI JFs on a fretted Precision.
  5. billbern

Sep 11, 2004
    Daytona Beach, Fl
    Endorsing: Inearz In-ear Monitors
  6. zesi

Jan 30, 2005
    thanks for the replies..

I think I'll go with the Fender or LaBella strings though..
    :bag: :)
  7. T.I. user here; the sound solod is very middy, but these strings are sure to have you sounding good in a band context. Also, I have my flats on a bass with a single EMG-hz in a sweetspot further towards the neck than a stingray, more or less in the P pup position. The tone is great, and the strings offer a feel I've yet to cross from any other string maker, especially in a flat. They also sound amazing with the piezo's in that same bass. I have nowhere to host clips, otherwise I'd be recording one for you right now.
  8. zesi

Jan 30, 2005
    well the more I listen to these samples the more I like the tone, even soloed. I think I'll have to give'em a try after all... else I'll never sleep again :)