1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can you power a radial bassbone off the rear AC outlet on a VL pedal power 2+?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by OrangeSun, Mar 31, 2009.

1. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    This may be an obvious yes and I apologize for all the "Can you run this off a pedal power" threads, but I don't know much about voltage/ac vs dc/electrical stuff so here is what I know:

The radial bassbone is 15vDC Center positive, so it basically has to run off its own wall wart.

The Pedal power 2 plus has a AC outlet on the back that will run up to 200 watts.

When it says its an AC jack, does that mean you can't run the bassbone's 15 volt DC power supply off of it? Does the bassbone being center positive change anything?

I have a fulltone bassdrive which in the manual clearly states that "AC is alternating current...DC is direct current!...you CANNOT put AC into a pedal that requires 9-18volts DC!"

I know that in this instance they are talking about an AC wall wart like the kind for Line 6 units, but I just don't know much about this stuff and want to make sure it will all work properly before I go out and buy it.

My plan is to run the bassbone off its own wall wart plugged into the back of the PP2+, then my remaining pedals off the jacks on the front. Then when i've got it all wired and working im gonna go buy some wood and build a nice pedalboard.

Thanks everybody.

2. If the black box with wires that came with the bassbone says, "Input Voltage-120VAC" or some equivalent then it goes in the AC out.

In short, if it the plug fits, that's probably where it goes. Manufactures don't make plugs for DC that fit into an 120VAC outlet. Your wall wart is an AC to DC power adapter, which means it turns 120VAC into 15VDC center positive. The part that goes into the wall receives 120, the part that goes into the pedal delivers 15. Hope that helps.