Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can you pull a hamstring playing the bass?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Nov 8, 2003.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    The other day I woke up with a nasty leg cramp. It was a Monday morning, two days after a Saturday night gig. The cramp wouldn't go away. I got through the day by hobbling around, but it got worse and worse. On Wednesday, it got really painful. On Thursday morning I went to the doctor. He said it was a pulled hamstring muscle, one of the worst he'd ever seen. He asked me how I did it. I told him I had no idea. Then I got to thinking about it. There's only two possibilities that I can think of. Ons is playing the bass. The other is wild sex. Unfortunately I have no carpet burns to corroborate the latter, what we did on Sunday would probably be considered "tame" by most standards. So that leaves the bass. Is it possible to pull a hamstring by playing the bass?

2. that depends, were you jumping around(moshing), or were you standing and playing, if its the former that yes id say its a possibility

3. ClarkW

ClarkW

Aug 1, 2003
    Provo, UT. USA
    If you stood there without moving while playing bass then it's quite possible that muscle got very tense, and then ANY sort of movement, from lifting a small combo amp or stretching to get into your car in cold weather to even "tame" sex could have pulled the muscle if it was still tensed up.

4. Well put ClarkW.

5. Fact: My brother broke his leg and had to stop playing clarinet.