Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

can you recommend a good software piano?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by peteroberts, Feb 5, 2003.

1. I have a MIDI controller hooked up to my PC, and have some of the Native Instruments stuff...the DX-7, Prophet-5, and the B-3. I'm looking for a good acoustic piano package? Anyone know of a good one, or can you tell me about these:

Tascam Giga Piano
    Bitheadz Black & Whites
    East West Ultimate Piano
    Korg Triton EXBPCM01

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. thanks!

4. Another vote for Steinberg's "the grand." That thing sounds amazing. I wish they would put that in a rack unit for road work so it can be used without a stinking computer. The only problems we had with "the grand" at a recent jazz session was that the settings had to be messed with quite a bit to remove latency and retain a good strong signal. At first, there was about 1/16 note of latency, which really was not usable in my opinion, but we got it to work after some adjustments. If you want to hear the recording with 'the grand,' email me.