Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can You Specify This Spector Bass Model?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by J4KO, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Like title says... Can someone specify the exact model of this bass ? :pP i know its a NS something...

Attached Files:

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    If it's Neck Thru, looks like an NS-2A fron the Kramer era.

If it's a bolt on, it may be an NS-2B

3. That looks like a thru-neck... Its definately an NS-2 of some sort!! Am I right in saying the NS-2 has the P-J pick ups and the NS-4 has the soap bars!??!

4. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Looks like a korean made Spector from the Kramer era, an NS-2A as Nino said. They pop up at the bay every now and then and go for approx $400-500 used of course.

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    They can be had for $350 if you watch ebay enough.

6. would adding emg's help this basS?

7. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Definitely looks like a Kramer period NS2A.... and yep, it'd be even better with EMG's! ;) :bassist:

8. heheh thanks,, also has anyone played one of these basses? if yes... whats the sound like?

9. Rat

Rat

Mar 15, 2005
    Boston Sewers
    I love mine!! got it in 1988 from the wife...and it's been my mainbass since ..

10. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Inherrently it's got a punchy, grinding, middy tone.... but of course this can be dialed out and many other tones can be achieved according to taste. :bassist: ;)