1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can you spot all the effects in this solo?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tbirdbassist, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Solo starts around 5:15, I've got so far...

Tremolo (Boss PN-2)
    Light Fuzz/OD throughout.
    Delay

Now I'm sure there's autowah/envelope filter and some kind of reverse delay happening. Not sure. Anyone?

2. TaylorW

TaylorW

Feb 9, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    well it shows his board briefly i saw a 105q

3. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    sounds like maybe phaser delay octave and tremolo to me.

4. ibnzneksrul

ibnzneksrul

Feb 2, 2007
    So Cal
    [​IMG]

5. LOL, whoops...

Fix'd... :D

6. ibnzneksrul

ibnzneksrul

Feb 2, 2007
    So Cal
    :D:D:D:D:D:D;)

7. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    thought i heard flange for a bit

8. lookjojoisplaid

lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    The beginning is a combination of his PN-2 (Tremolo), his Mutron, and his Moog (Ring Mod) using the expression pedal. Then he goes on to use a little slapback delay, then pretty much from the delay part to the end is just his octave and his bass wah. He plays the entire solo with his OC-2 octave on.

Thats my guess

9. Soma666

Soma666

Aug 27, 2006
    messy, yet emotionally satisfying

10. cathal

cathal

Mar 21, 2007
    London, England.
  11. I know of that picture, I just don't know what all those pedals sound like. Especially mixed in with a a bunch of others.

12. Sounds like the Digitech Bass Synth Wah to me. With some 105q a bit later.

13. The whole band have processed their sound through the "trendy flavour of the month" pedal, then through a "sound bloody awful" phaser

Honestly, this crowd are a definite case of "The Emperor's New Clothes" - no-one is willing to say they sound terrible, so they gain ectra exposure as everyone else is thinking "I must be missing out on something obvious, because they sound awfule to me!!"

Hahahahahaha

14. I like the Mars Volta and all, but I really don't think that bassist knows how to use all those pedals properly, or rather, he could use them to sound a lot better.

15. I didn't ask for bashing in my thread. Take your opinions elsewhere or don't post in at all. Thank you.

:rollno:

16. Sorry Tbird - but if you can post threads saying this lot sound okay, the you gotta allow for those of us who have had their ears syringed and can actually hear that they sound terrible! hahahaha

Only kidding - everyone likes something different to everyone else - otherwise the world would be a pretty dull place huh??

Anyhow - I am at home a bit drunk after drowning my sorrows after hearing some idiots tried to crasha car bomb into my local Airport - some Al-Quaeda sympathisers - 10 mins from my home (Glasgow Airport - http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20070630/tuk-car-smashed-into-glasgow-airport-dba1618.html). The best thing was the TV reports - apparently the bomb didn't detonate properly and one of the idiots fell out the car (which had been crashed through the Terminal doors where everyone was checking in) whilst on fire - the police arrested him in seconds - after extinguishing thh flames of course!

As for his counterpart, according to eye-witness acounts - "got out the car smiling and singing something in Arabic or whatever, then someone (one of the public), came out of the building and punched the guy in the face, flattening him onto the ground - the police then managed to arrest that one also! hahahahaha

17. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    Good rhythm section, rest of the band is lame.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021