Can you spot the difference in these?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nuttboy311, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Because I can't. We have here the "Ashdown MAG 115T Deep - New B Stock" (as quoted on Music123.com) and the "Ashdown MAG 115T Deep." Both have the same stats, dimensions, look, and everything, but the first one is only $212.99 and the other is 249.99 and Music123.com states no differences other than the title, and there is no info on Ashdownamps.com concerning the first one. I am really close to buying one of these, but need to know the difference and how this would work/sound with my MAG 400/410 combo (the 400 watt MAG head with the 410's).

http://www.music123.com/Ashdown-MAG-115T-deep-i143573.music

http://www.music123.com/Ashdown-MAG-115T-deep-i132182.music

2. outofthedeep

outofthedeep Guest

Jan 14, 2004
    East Texas
    seems to me that the only difference, per the description on the"b stock" link, is that the b stock is a return.....
    go for it, its cheaper...

3. That's really the only plausible reason I see for the lower price, but I am naturally just a little weary.

4. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA

As you should be my friend.
    You can always return it if you don't like it.

5. Wow, I finally found some info on the "B stock." On music123.com - "Noticeable scratches, dents and/ or nicks. Typically a customer return or refurbished product. GUARANTEED TO PLAY PERFECTLY. Includes FULL MANUFACTURER WARRANTY* and Music123's 45 day 100% satisfaction guarantee." But the full manufacturer's warranty isn't offered by Ashdown. And I just called them and they said that it isn't really even worth it because the B Stock doesn't offer free shipping and I would have to pay $25 to ship it which basically evens out with a brand new one with free shipping.

6. So onto my next question, how would this 115 work/sound with my current setup? Would my head have enough watts to power it properly and I already know that the 8 ohms will work. Second, does anyone have a similar Ashdown setup like I am looking to achieve? If so, what is your experience with it?

7. I just placed the order for a brand new Ashdown 115t deep cab and boy am I dying for this to arrive! This is the first upgrade I have ever made to my rig and I couldn't be more stoked! I have never played through a MAG 115, only the ABM, but I do own the MAG 410, so I am kind of trusting Ashdown here, but with a 45 day warranty I can't go wrong. Anyways, will post pics as soon as it comes in!!! I know that it has gotten old here to brag about new equipment, but this is the first time I have ever gotten to do so, so there :spit:!