1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can you tell me about these two's equipment?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by vincicinci, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Hullo!
    Can anyone tell me what equipment Muzz Skillings (early Living Colour) used?
    And can anyone tell me what equipment Francis Rocco Prestia uses or has used?
    Thanks in advance!
    All the best,

Vincent

2. RIjake

RIjake

Nov 10, 2007
    New England
    I just caught an old Living Color video of Cult of Personality and it clearly shows him playing a Trace Eliot rig.
    Hope that helps!

3. On "Vivid" Muzz used an ESP and a Fernandes bass. He used a B.C. Rich Eagle on "Broken Hearts." I'm not sure what amps were used in the studio, but live I saw him with a mix of Hartke and SWR cabs, usually with an Ampeg head.

On "Times Up" he moved to a bass made by a New York luthier that had kind of a blue-ish rainbow kind of color. It might have been called a Zigmar but I'll have to go back and check. He played some Warwick 5's live after the record came out. For amps he was using a Mesa 2x15 (on its side) with two Hartke 4X10s on top and I think he was still using an Ampeg.

At one point he had an Eventide Harmonizer in his rack.

Hope that helps!

4. I've seen TOP 2 times in the past year, both times Rocco was running thru an SWR cabinet, looked like an SWR head as well.
    His bass appeared to be a Precision type, single pickup, but who knows if it was a fender, lull, sadowsky, or ??? So many excellent brands are almost indistinguishable from a fender unless you are very close
    in any case, Rocco is a superb bass player and he seems to share a common brain with Dave Garibaldi.
    I'd rate those 2 as the tightest rhythm section I have ever seen. Just an incredible pleasure to watch the 2 of them interact

5. Rocco used a Conklin Groove Tools GTRP 4 bass (his signature model) when I saw TOP a couple of years ago in London, but before that he used to use P Basses (see Bass Day 98 DVD).

6. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    from SWR's site

ROCCO PRESTIA TOWER OF POWER
    1 Workingman's® 8004 T/O/P
    1 Workingman's® Tower

I recalled seeing Prestia in a few SWR ads about 5 years ago. Seemed to be selling a pseudo sig model amp setup. Whether he used them live or not....IDK.