1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can you tell me what this is please?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by morf, Apr 16, 2006.

  1. morf

    morf Banned

    Feb 17, 2006

    Just noticed this picture in the unlimited show your basses thread, and I was wondering what that metal thing on the E string is and what is its purpose.

  2. fookgub


    Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I think it's a D-tuner
  3. morf

    morf Banned

    Feb 17, 2006
    What is a D tuner for?
  4. A wee lever you throw to drop your tuning a certain amount (generally a tone, so it takes your E to D: hence D-tuner!). They're more normally seen on the headstock.
  5. morf

    morf Banned

    Feb 17, 2006
    So this is sorta like a precise locking tremolo for only 1 string? Cool...
  6. It lets you switch between standard tuning and drop D at the flick of a switch, without any faffing about.
  7. jeff_bass28

    jeff_bass28 Guest

    Mar 21, 2006
    I've never seen one of these Fury basses untill recently. Didn't really like the bass, but that D-tuner was cool! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

Share This Page