Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Canadian Badass II users!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by savagelucy, Aug 2, 2003.

1. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    Today, I went into my local music store and priced a Badass II replacement bridge for my MIM J-bass. I was expecting to be given a price between 70 and 100 dollars for the bridge and installation, but instead I was told it was $107 (Cdn) for the bridge alone!!! With installation and set-up it'll probably be close to $150.
    I'm thinking this is kind of a rip-off. Have any Canadians bought a Badass bridge for less? Am I going to get ripped by these guys?

Help!
    Thanks.

2. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't live in Canada, but here is what I know.
    You can get the BadAss II Bridge here, http://www.basspartsresource.com/bridge.htm , (top of bass forum here at Talkbass)
    for $65 ( standard chrome ) more if you want black or gold finish.

Here is what I think can happen. The installation should be a standard swap, I think the screw hole configuration is the same for the BadAss II and the standard Fender bridge. This should be no problem.
    You will have to groove the string saddles yourself though. That is how the bridge is shipped to the customer. If you are not comfortable with this, you should be able to find someone qualified to do it.

This is probably a cheaper route to go. Hope this helped. Good luck.

3. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    Thanks for the link By-tor!

I think thats the route i may have to go, since 150$ seems a little high to me.

Any one else have any input?

4. ConU

ConU

Mar 5, 2003
    La Belle Province
    Well $65 US plus shipping is over $100 Cdn.
    Math works out the same by my calculation,if you get somebody else to groove it.