Canadian Members

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Instigator, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Instigator

Nov 5, 2003
    Canada man!
    Hey, this may not be the right place to post this, but it was the place that made the most sence to me.
    This has been bugging me ever since I registered with talkbass, and that is that all of the contests/give-a-ways, or just about anything else along these lines that I have decided to check into on this site have been open to american citizens only.
    Now, for all I know, I could be the only Canadian member on this site, which would make me a very small, and yes, unimportant minority. But I doubt that this is the case.
    The rules of these forums are engineered - and rightly so, I might add - to make the site appropriate for all ages, genders, ethnic groups, etc., but if only those who belong to a certain and specific nationality are able to fully participate on this site, than these seemingly just rules are really nothing more than lip-service.
    I may be being over sensitive, or I may just not be fully exploring the site, I admit this freely. But if any other members are experiencing the same frustrations as me, I think this is a matter that should at the very least merit review.

Thank you.
  2. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    The problem, as I understand it, is that the laws governing contests and such are different in Canada. It's a pity, but what can you do.

There are quite a few of us Canadians on board. No worries about representation for us ;)
  3. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    I'm curious what other areas of TalkBass you've found treat Canadians as an unimportant minority? Besides the once-in-a-blue-moon giveaway that we do?
  4. johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    How's it going, eh ?
  5. Instigator

Nov 5, 2003
    Canada man!
    hey paul, i didn't mean to say that canadians were regarded as such on the whole site, or at all. i was just a touch irked, having been not allowed into the give-a-way contest. now that it has been explained to me, it makes sence, and thats all i was really after, was an explaination