Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Canadian Online Hofner Dealers.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mob, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Mob

Mob

Jan 12, 2005
    As the title says you might have an idea about what I am actully looking for.

Looking for a Hofner V63 to be exact. I live in Canada and i am looking at getting one now for christmas. But where I live where no one deals them, i have come to the conclusion i have to ship . So if there are any canadian users who know about a Hofner that is up for sale for a good price or an Canadian online store that would be great.

Thanks,
    -Mob

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Don't mean to sound negative but our selection of online musical instrument stores in Canada stinks. I would suggest Ebay.

3. Mob

Mob

Jan 12, 2005
    Thanks,
    I will take a look around.

Any post that will guide me would be great

4. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I think Musician's Friend ships to Canada (but I'm not 100% on that) and they carry a couple of Hofners.

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

The best prices i have seen and i do believe they ship to Canada is www.northcoastmusic.com . Since were talking about Hofner does anyone know who is the new US Distributor?

6. www.pickofthericks.com sells Hofner and although they are in the States they ship to Canada. They have an excellent rep too.

7. Dadio

Dadio

Dec 30, 2000
    Uxbridge, Canada
    Steves Music in Toronto has a couple of Hofner 500/1s in Stock, I think one is a V63 it like about 40 ft up on the wall, but brand new. Im sure they would ship it to you I dont see why not ..

If you want me to go down there + check it out pls let me know, Im downtown once a week and my office is very close, Im a '67 Hofner 500/1 player so I have some expereince ...

Regards Rob

8. I totally agree. It's frustrating seeing what looks like a good price even in USD, but by the time you add shipping, customs, tax etc. it works out to a pretty crappy deal.