Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Canadian wanting on Survivor

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BOOM_chucker, Jan 12, 2005.

1. BOOM_chucker

BOOM_chucker Guest

Jan 6, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Hey, I take Hapkido classes with this guy Ian. He's launched a website - www.letmeonsurvivor.com - which is hilarious, and has a petition at the end trying to get the producers to allow Canadians on the show. If you decide to take a minute to check it out, it's good for some chuckles.

Do you think reality shows being shown in the states should allow other countries to participate? Would it add anything to shows like survivor/Amazing Race?

I think they can't legally do it as your contract probably requies a valid US work visa or something...

Thoughts?

2. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    There's a person in my grade who's sister, Eliza, is currently on the show (I think), and is a grad of my school. She's coming to the Variety Show to raise money for the place in a while. I'm not going to go because I have 10000 other things I would rather do or consume rather than do or consume the Variety Show. I hate tv.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

She was on the season that ended in December. There's not one on right now. Yes, I watch Survivor...as if the Mary Poppins thing wasn't enough fodder.

brad cook

4. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    There's an easy answer to that issue -

Stage a season of Survivor in Canada! I vote for a location in the Yukon territories during summer. It'll make Survivor Africa and Survivor Outback look like child's play!

[​IMG]

DD

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Actually I've been wondering if they'd ever do a Survivor season somewhere cold. The only problem with that would be that it would remove all the challenges involving water....which are quite numerous.

Also, I guess then they wouldn't be able to have chicks in bikinis. :rolleyes:

brad cook

6. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Mark Burnett is slipping, man!

Hot chicks in bikinis in cold water!?!?!?! Guaranteed Emmy.

DD