Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Canadians...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Antipop, Jan 21, 2005.

1. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Yes indeed,
    The weather here on the wet coast has gone up fifteen degrees in the last week or so. Liked the snow too, and that it stayed a week is amazing for these parts. Shame that we've now got mudslides in North Van and I hope there are no more houses sliding away. . .

LM

2. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    No. It's cold, and there's no food outside. :spit:

3. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    It's freezing, no way I'm going outside...

4. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    -37ºC w/ the windshield today and yesterday. And yesterday I was at the busstop, and the bus drove right by me, and then when i ran after it he didnt stop either... so I had to walk 30 minutes in the -37 to work :meh:

5. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    We just got over the cold-spell, and a chinook came (warm air from over the mountains, melts everything). I was just outside in a t-shirt, and it's not that bad out.

6. Yeah it's still cold in Montreal. I'll get back to you guys.

7. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Night's like this make me wish I didn't live in the basement, but also make me glad my bed is under the heating vent...

8. I just got home after a nice evening out with the kids. Had a great time on the boardwalk (Steveston). Sat outdoors sipping an espresso while the kids chased after seagulls that were trying to take their fries. We then walked to Gary Point nearby and watched the kites (next to the river).

Canadas weather is just fine, thank you!

9. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I wish Colorado's weather was good as Canada's.. filthy 90 degree summers, adn not enough snow...

10. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I may not be in Canada, but I'm Canadian. So I went outside. It is cold out today. I saw my breath. I actually had to do up my jacket. :D

11. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    West coast weather is fine.

East coast weather is sub-zero

In the middle, sounds like so-so to sub-zero, depends on where you're at...

12. I live in New Hampshire and it is about -10 F, and we are supposed to get 12-20 inches of snow in 24 hours (starting at noon) I think I will go out for a bit now then stay in for quite awhile...lucky Canadians :rollno:

THE TRUTH IS REVEILED!!!!!!!!!!:
    Well that is what I was told when I got up, now the tempature is 2F and here is supposed to get 6-10' south of here is getting 10-20.

13. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Yesterday was -20C in Toronto. I hate this stuff... And it makes everything so dry, I have my humidifer on all the time, but it's fighting a losing battle I tell ya.

14. ...although it's pouring buckets this morning. :rolleyes:

15. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Wow, that's exactly what you guys don't need right now, X. I hope you aren't on those hills in North Van...

16. Upper Vermont here,
    when I got up this morning it was negative 13 F., wind chill at 25 below, and I'm heading into a 10 to 18 inch snow storm for a gig tonite. brrrrr

17. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Well, I'm not a Canadian, but I can see Canada when I'm in downtown Detroit. It's a friggin' blizzard (though probably not be Alberta terms). We've got about 6" in my yard and still coming.

Peace,

James

18. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    *takes out snow tubes*

I'm waiting for it. :)

19. Any snow Hamilton gets comes down black...thanks Stelco / Dofasco....makes ya think twice about trying to catch the snowflakes on your tongue.