Cancelling Tonight's Gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by ZuluFunk, Sep 14, 2001.

1. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    I talked my band into cancelling tonight. My wife is out in NYC working as a nurse volunteer. I'm staying home to watch my daughter.

Friday night gigs are fun and we were expecting a nice crowd since college is back in session. I don't think I have the spirit in me to get up and perform right now anyway.

Life goes on.
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

That's exactly why our band is still on this weekend after some initial reluctance. Nonetheless, our hearts are with all the victims and their families, so we've added some appopriate songs that we'll dedicate to them when the songs are intro'd. Stuff like;

- Tubthumping by Chumbawumba
    - We're Not Gonna Take It by Twisted Sister
    - American Badass by Kid Rock

Broadway shows were up and running in NYC last night. I guess everyone could use a break for at least an evening.

The checkout lady, the bank teller, the music store salesman, the floral delivery guy, even the damn phone marketer were all back at it.....why not me, too???

But if it doesn't feel right to you at the moment, I totally understand.
  3. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    Actually, it felt pretty wonderful to get out and play my Fri-Sat gig this past weekend. Along with the horrid news, there's other unpleasant $#!+ going on in my life, and it's nice to have music to go out and blow out the cobwebs a few times a month.

It was musically speaking a really good couple of evenings, by the way.