1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

cancer sale - 1969 Fender Jazz - NEW LOWER PRICE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sleeplessknight, Mar 18, 2009.

1. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    So, my mom has Stage III breast cancer, and no insurance. Yes, that sucks. However thankfully she had the foresight to raise a son who has a penchant for acquiring good music gear, and so here we are today. I decided to start over fresh with this thread (no more endless 'bump!' posts) as well as lower my asking price.

This was my retirement plan. I got this from Jonno1707 about a year ago, and it's everything I wanted in a vintage J and more. It has 'the tone', it has 'the feel', and because it also has 'the modifications' (hey, it's a player), you're gonna pay a lot less than a 'mint condish' axe that probably wasn't all that hot to begin with. This axe is all-original EXCEPT for the pickups (Basslines; according to Jonno he bought it from 'some dude' and the original pickups disintegrated a few years later) and the pots. My understanding is that Jonno also had it routed for a 9V battery at one time by Vinnie Fodera (yes, that Vinnie Fodera) right under the pickguard. I plan to have some more detailed pictures up shortly, but these should give you a decent taste of what's to come. Any detail shots that anybody wants? I am now asking $4000 OBO shipped anywhere in the CONUS. I will include a beat-up but sturdy Fodera case (same as I received it). Currently strung with DR Hi-beams.

DSC06867.

DSC06868.

DSC06869.

DSC06873. [/QUOTE]

I will also entertain straight-across trades for Fodera 4-strings, and Sadowsky 4-strings with sunburst finishes or flamey tops + cash.

2. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    bump

3. gnergaard

gnergaard Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    Good luck to you and your Mom.
    Everybody- this is a sick deal. I have a 69' Jazz nearly identical to this and I can vouch that it is the sh!+. Mine was recently appraised at nearly $6000 and the bass for sale here is in far better cosmetic condition.
    Tone for days, AMAZING sustain, and it always suprises me that I can get such versatility out of two volume knobs and a passive tone pot.
    Lots of people I play with get mad at me if I bring a different bass to the gig, and engineers and recording studios love it.

4. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    ba-bump!

5. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    wow man, awesome bass and mojo sent, I hope it sells quick for you and that all ends well

6. LarryR

LarryR

Feb 2, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Have you played the sellers bass? I was going to ask about sustain, dead notes etc...

7. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    No dead-spots, it's a very even neck. I'd say the sustain is about what a good Jazz bass should be. I've never noticed an 'overage' or 'underage' of sustain, if that makes any sense. :p

p.s. bump!

8. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    bump

9. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    bump

10. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    bump

11. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    up to the top. good luck to your mother. cancer is a real bitch.

12. Yango

Yango

Apr 14, 2008
    Earth
    "I will also entertain straight-across trades for Fodera 4-strings, and Sadowsky 4-strings with sunburst finishes or flamey tops + cash."

Very sorry to hear that your mother is ill. I do however, fail to see how a Fodera 4 string or a Sadowsky 4 string with sunburst or flamey tops will help her.

13. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    Did you miss the + cash part? Either way, send a PM if you have questions about his listing.

14. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    I think I can move a Fodera or a Sadowsky a lot quicker than I can move a vintage jazz, hence why I'm accepting trades for those.

--Lee

15. codsack

codsack

Mar 9, 2008
    wilmington nc
    Not that you need to explain nothing but you are right.The vintage market is stagnant and people are waiting around to see how low they will go IMO..Best of luck to Mom from a cancer survivor:smug:

16. That is a beautiful bass. Wish I had the scratch for something like that. Good luck with your sale.

17. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    bump!

18. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    bump

19. sleeplessknight